WiFi adapter went AWAL

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

michaelm700

Hi,

I have a 64 bit Gateway M-6888u laptop with Vista Home Premium

everything was working great and then the wifi just quit. i know the router is good because another laptop on the same net still works fine and i can use the internet connection if i physically wire between it and the back of the router.

Windows says it cannot find any networks because, 'the wireless capability on this computer has been turned off". the Moble options of the Control Panel shows the wireless capability has indeed been turned off with a big red X through it. Trouble is, the button to turn it ON/OFF is grayed out and disabled!

How can i get the wifi back?

thanks

michaelm700

nuts! still disabled!

device manager says the device is working properly. is there some way to test the wifi hardware to see if it is dead?

thanks

Triple6

Rob
Have you tried the wireless switch on the laptop? Its on the left hand side of the laptop. There may also be a set of keys to press on the keyboard to enable/disable the wireless.

michaelm700

i have a bigger problem now...i'm an idiot! the switch did the trick.

thanks Triple6 and Megabite.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online