1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

WiFi connected but internet not secured?

Discussion in 'Networking' started by stubz753, Jan 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stubz753

stubz753 Thread Starter

I was trying to download a torrent from Utorrent using the VPN service ultra surf 16.03 I was experiencing a slow connection which I expected, but I chose to uninstall Utorrent and then reinstall it in hopes of speeding up the download. Now i stuggle to connect my laptop to wifi sometimes my mobile will also disconnect from the wifi.. although it is connected, just no internet access. And my browser (google chrome) has periods of not being able to load websites unless i have the VPN service in use. Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4500U CPU @ 1.80GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 69 Stepping 1
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 8106 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family, 1024 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 255 GB (195 GB Free);
    Motherboard: To be filled by O.E.M, To be filled by O.E.M
    Antivirus: Norton Security, Enabled and Updated

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

Try re-installing the browser.

What do you mean by 'my mobile' ? Do you mean a cell phone?

3. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    I will gloss over the torrenting here as the issue is more likely to be with your router. What router do you have, or is it a modem/router combination?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1184421

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice