Solved WiFi connectivity major problems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bcoltrane

Hi,

This may get a little long but I need to give all details so that things that I've already tried aren't suggested again.

I traveled abroad, and once I reached an airport outside of Europe I found that I could no longer connect to internet. On start up, I have the WiFi icon in the bottom right of the screen, though if I try to connect here, it says internet is taking longer to connect than usual and never connects. Once in Windows 10, there is no wireless icon, and in turn notices and and off, it is greyed out (have tried the registry fix for this, no change).

In network and internet settings, it's says in red not connected. Show available networks opens but shows nothing except flight mode.

When I troubleshoot, it says, you have not chosen to connect to any of the available wireless networks. I select show me a list, and nothing happens. The problem it finds at the end is you have no preferred wireless networks.

Next, I try change adaptor options. Under the WiFi icon is a red x, and says not connected. When I right click and press connect, settings flashes up for half a second then disappears again. If I disable, then enable, no change. I have tried updating driver and rolling back. I have uninstalled it and reinstalled. No change. I have turned off any firewalls, antivirus, and no, flight mode is not turned on ;)

The driver name is Realtor RTL8188EE 802.11 bgn

I really need help on this as I cannot afford a new laptop right now and indeed need this one to work off.

Cheers,
Darren

naresh498

Naresh k
Who is the laptop manufacturer? is it still stuck on airplane mode enabled?

naresh498

Naresh k
can you login to BIOS screen using f10 or esc key while machine is starting, and see if the wifi option there is enabled or disabled.
and also check below

Sometimes, it is possible that some Windows services related to wireless network have been disabled. This will result in the red cross network or red X WiFi icon. So follow the steps below to enable the services.

1. 1. Open the Windows Services on your Windows 10 by typing services in windows search. Navigate to the 5 network services listed below:
  • Network Connections

• Network List Service

• Network Location Awareness

• Network Store Interface Service

• WLAN AutoConfig
  1. 2. Double-click on each and select the General tab.

2. 3. Click on the Start button under the Service status if the services are disabled. Also, select Automatic from the drop down menu of the Startup type.

Last edited:

bcoltrane

Hi Naresh, I'm trying to find the WiFi option on BIOS but can't see it. All I can see is that "internal network adapter boot" is disabled and under the UEFI boot order, network adapter has an ! before it.

bcoltrane

Ok, the changes made in BIOS did nothing. I tried the second part of your advice i.e. in services. Network list service and network location awareness are both not running. When I try to run them, I get the error "Windows could not start the Network XXX service on Local computer. Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start"

naresh498

Naresh k
Please right click them, click properties, select dependencies, and try starting all depending services as well before starting this service.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts