Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

WiFi connectivity problems with all browsers??

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  plodr 
#1 ·
Hello TSG members,
I am having problems with my network connectivity with firefox,chrome,and firefox browsers and my wifi adapters in windows xp pro; however my wifi adapters seem to be connected with dns automatic since windows updates is still working!!??!!
I am wondering if it is a windows firewall issue,dns issue or ddos/syn issue??
If anyone would could give me some hints,troubleshooting info...id greatly appreciate it!!
Thanks in advance for a reply!!

#2 · (Edited)
The Google Chrome browser stopped supporting Windows XP over 2 years ago, and the Mozilla Firefox browser stopped supporting Windows XP last year.
Regardless of which browser you're using, that shouldn't affect whether your computer can connect to the internet with a wired ethernet device or with a wireless device.
If you're unable to connect to the internet with either device, it's my guess you have a hardware issue or a software issue or both.
Since we're not there to see what you have and how everything is set up, it's difficult to help you from here.
Do you have a computer-knowledgeable family member or friend who can help you?

----------------------------------------------------------------

#3 ·
windows updates is still working
There haven't been any Windows updates for XP since April 8, 2014. If you are getting Windows updates, that means your computer is more than 5 years behind with patches.

If you have a version of Office 2010 or newer, you will get Microsoft updates for that. Office 2010 will be patched until October 13, 2020. Is that the updates you are referring to?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.