1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

WiFi connectivity problems with all browsers??

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by RoBorG2021, May 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RoBorG2021

RoBorG2021 Thread Starter

Hello TSG members,
    I am having problems with my network connectivity with firefox,chrome,and firefox browsers and my wifi adapters in windows xp pro; however my wifi adapters seem to be connected with dns automatic since windows updates is still working!!??!!
    I am wondering if it is a windows firewall issue,dns issue or ddos/syn issue??
    If anyone would could give me some hints,troubleshooting info...id greatly appreciate it!!
    Thanks in advance for a reply!!

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    The Google Chrome browser stopped supporting Windows XP over 2 years ago, and the Mozilla Firefox browser stopped supporting Windows XP last year.
    Regardless of which browser you're using, that shouldn't affect whether your computer can connect to the internet with a wired ethernet device or with a wireless device.
    If you're unable to connect to the internet with either device, it's my guess you have a hardware issue or a software issue or both.
    Since we're not there to see what you have and how everything is set up, it's difficult to help you from here.
    Do you have a computer-knowledgeable family member or friend who can help you?

----------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited: May 1, 2019
  3. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    There haven't been any Windows updates for XP since April 8, 2014. If you are getting Windows updates, that means your computer is more than 5 years behind with patches.

If you have a version of Office 2010 or newer, you will get Microsoft updates for that. Office 2010 will be patched until October 13, 2020. Is that the updates you are referring to?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!