1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

WIFI crashing my comp??

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Marcelft, Sep 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Marcelft

Marcelft Thread Starter

Ok..so when I get on my neighbors WiFi it crashes my comp, I get the blue screen of dealth, sometimes it freezes on that, other times the comp will just reboot itself. When I go to Panear Bread to use their free WiFi I have no trouble. The blue screen gives me the following message (most of it anyways):

A problem has been detected with windows, has been shut down:

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Check new software

Disable Bios memory options such as caching, or shadowing.

Technical info:

****Stop: 0x0000000a (oxff1711f2, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x804d9b64)

Beginning dump, dump sucessfull

Help,
    Im spending way to much money on Panera Bagels.

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    From your description it sounds like the real problem is that you are not spending money on your own internet access.

Since accessing your neighbor's Wi-Fi is probably illegal and certainly violates his/her ISP's terms of service don't expect much help or sympathy here.

3. Marcelft

Marcelft Thread Starter

Maybe I should have been explained more Terry, but you do know what happens when you "assume"?? I have lived next to my neighbor for 5 years, and this happens when I am AT HIS HOUSE, WITH HIS PERMISSION. So, thank you for accusing me of something before even asking, real helpful. Last time I was here I received help and donated money....but I probobly wont get help now as you have cast doubt on me, by assuming, so I look like an ***, and so do, well you know...

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Your post sat there for just under 12 hours w/o a response before I made my assumption. So I doubt that your lack of getting help is because of my assumption. And, I could point out, my assumption began with the words, "From your description it sounds like." Frankly, it still sounds as I assumed. I can understand trying to use a neighbor's network when there and with permission. I have been both on the giving and receiving end of that kind of deal. But I don't understand why failure would drive you to Panera Bread instead of just back to your own residence. :confused:

FWIW I do find your Wi-Fi problem intriguing. I have not been able to imagine what is wrong unless your neighbor is very good with networking and is doing something deliberate. :(

5. etch

etch

ok , mainly its a problem with ur RAM mate , if u lately changed ur ram , it just dont accept overload work with WiFi. its a technical problem with hardware anyways not with the software or the operating system .

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!