Solved WIFI disappeared!!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

kanadesaga

I was recording with audacity. I tried to view an open office document and the system froze. Obnoxious noise! So I crashed it with power button. When I started it back up the wifi was gone, not even an option available in network sharing. WTHeck! any Ideas I did a reset but still no internet, so I am currently on a ethernet cable but it is running across the living room I really need t get wifi back. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

managed

Allan
In Device Manager is there a wireless device listed under Network Adapters and if so what is it and does it say it's working properly when you right-click it and go to it's Properties ?

kanadesaga

In Device Manager is there a wireless device listed under Network Adapters and if so what is it and does it say it's working properly when you right-click it and go to it's Properties ?
No, no icons, no wifi on any list anywhere

kanadesaga

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-7100 CPU @ 3.90GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 158 Stepping 9
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 8087 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 630, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: 918 GB (548 GB Free); D: 11 GB (1 GB Free); F: 931 GB (196 GB Free); G: 931 GB (52 GB Free); H: 3726 GB (2386 GB Free); I: 2794 GB (1024 GB Free);
Motherboard: HP, 82F2
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled

kanadesaga

Okay, went through HP support. They tried to help, I followed all directions restarted several times. It didn't fix it. So I was going to do a full factory reset. In the process I had to do a restart, so I could safely remove external hard drives. Upon restart, the wifi was there and I am on now. HOWEVER, last night I couldn't connect to web. Using three different browsers and none would connect. So another restart and a window popped up about Windows Defender Firewall blocking spotify I allowed it and am now on. But I fear this will happen again, not the wifi loss but the connectivity. Any ideas? After you reply I will mark this solved.

Did you have the externals plugged into the usb slots while all of this was going on?

In some instances in Win 10, having USB ports engaged has been known to cause issues with USB wifi. I don't know if the wifi is USB, which is why I asked about what he had plugged in.

managed

Allan
In some instances in Win 10, having USB ports engaged has been known to cause issues with USB wifi. I don't know if the wifi is USB, which is why I asked about what he had plugged in.
Interesting, thanks.

kanadesaga

Lanctus : Why do you ask ?

So is the wireless working properly after a restart now ?
Yes and has been. although twice the browsers wouldn't connect tot he web. Modem was fine, wifi was fine. very strange.

managed

Allan
Yes it was a strange one. Hopefully it will work properly now.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!