1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

wifi disconnecting

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Junomk, Jun 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Junomk

Junomk Thread Starter

My laptop will not stay connected to wifi for more than a few seconds before 'limited access' appears.
    It connects and disconnects repetitively.
    i have a 3mobile wireless dongle. Other laptops stay connected no problem and i am always beside the dongle with full coverage.
    if i click the network icon several times on the bottom right it reconnects for a few seconds again,
    I have discovered that if i run 'funkypool' in the background the connection generally stays, but not 100%, but 90% anyway.
    this may possibly be because its java and always refreshing itself i think.
    it doesn't matter whether or not im plugged in or using battery but i did change the controls for automatically putting the wireless to sleep mode so i doubt that unless ive done it wrong. my laptop is 5 months old. trouble shooting does not raise any issues. any help greatly appreciated, thanks

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Terry Moderator

The mobile wireless may be interfering with your Wi-Fi. Try the Wi-Fi without the mobile wireless "dongle."

3. Junomk

Junomk Thread Starter

Sorry i should have mentioned this happens with any wifi ive tried. home router or portable wifi,

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1058681