1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Wifi driver unistalled, how to reinstall?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by skullmyst45, Aug 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. skullmyst45

skullmyst45 Thread Starter

By accident i uninstalled my wireless lan driver. I am now using my desktop's direct ethernet connection to post this... When i go to device manager there is no wireless lan driver listed under "Network Adapters" or any other grouping. Also, a driver called Ethernet Controller has also been uninstalled but it is listed in device manager and when i try to reinstall it it says i need a cd or a file location in my comp. (i dunno if the Ethernet Controler drivers is related to the WLAN driver).Anyway, i tried searching the internet for a WLAN driver, but to no avail. On toshiba's website (maker of my notebook) they have downloadable drivers but they are all for minipci card adapters or utility addons, but there is no base WLAN driver download(which seems a little odd). Can someone please tell me the location from which i can install it or some way to DL it from the internet? Please help i cannot connect wirelessly now and it is stressing me out. Thanks!

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Have you looked for the motherboard drivers? Since the WiFi is built-in, that's a likely place to find the drivers. Of course, you could also email Toshiba tech support.

3. skullmyst45

skullmyst45 Thread Starter

I emailed Intel tech support and they told me to do a system restore. Fortunately, i had a checkpoint a minute before i deleted the wireless driver. Issue solved!

4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Try the "minipci card adapters" driver, that might be the one you need.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/491007

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice