1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

WiFi drops over 2mbps in download

Discussion in 'Networking' started by intox504, Nov 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. intox504

intox504 Thread Starter

I am having a problem with my wireless network in my home. Whenever download speeds over 2mbps go on for over a minute or so, the whole wireless network goes down for around a minute and boots back up. The wired connection works fine during this time. The Router I am using is a Netgear R6200 and it is broadcasting dual-band up to 300mbps and 800 mbps respectively. The drop in coverage happens regardless of which band I am using. Does anyone have any thoughts or possible solutions?

My speedtest numbers are 33.09 mbps download and 6.04mbps upload.

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    is this downloading via wireless / cable or wireless only and you say only wireless is effected

sounds like an issue with the router,

confirm that downloading via cable - works OK and does not effect the wireless at all

3. intox504

intox504 Thread Starter

Correct, wired downloads do not effect the wireless.

4. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    i would reload the firmware onto the router
    it maybe corrupt firmware or a faulty router
    how old is the router

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1113619

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice