1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

wifi extender blocking router / internet

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Daxter, Nov 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daxter

Daxter Thread Starter

I have security cameras in my barn. the computer is in barn. cables run into wifi extender on front of barn. this communicates with wifi extender on back of house. cable runs from this extender through wall and into router by ethernet cable. worked fine for a few months. then i started to have real trouble connecting to internet. I was getting DNS address not found error messages. sometimes cameras will work sometimes not. Called carrier and after 2 hours of trouble shooting they said they had no clue what the problem was. they were not even able to get into router. they said somehow it was blocked and they cant get in. said they never saw this before. they sent me new router and all was well for about 3 months. Now its happening again. This am no internet, no cameras, TV took a long time to come on. Back on phone with carrier, another 2 hours of trouble shooting, found out when I pull wifi cable out of back of router all goes well. they can get into router and i can fly around on internet. Well for cameras to work I need internet to work well. Any idea what this is all about?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1180592

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice