WiFi Extenders/Booster/Repeaters - What Do I Need?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

alan222

My cable-company-supplied modem/router does not reach the far end of my apartment. Could someone please recommend how to fix this problem by using either a WiFi Extender, Booster, or Repeater? I do not know much about the issue or my options.

Thank you for any advice.

Last edited:

etaf

Wayne
you can use a wifi extender , it will need to be plugged in where it receives a good signal and then extends that signal
There are so many on the market ,
what country are you in?
Do you just want wifi in the "dead area" or do you also want to be able to use an ethernet cable

I use some BT wifi powerline extenders and have 2 extenders to cover the house and conservatory - they also use the electrical wiring "powerline extenders"

How big is this area in the apartment , where is the router located , remember the router will broadcast 360degrees , so you may be able to move the router to the other side of the room and get cover
what obstacles are in the way - things like water tanks and solid walls will reduce the signal a lot

alan222

you can use a wifi extender , it will need to be plugged in where it receives a good signal and then extends that signal
There are so many on the market ,
what country are you in?
Do you just want wifi in the "dead area" or do you also want to be able to use an ethernet cable

I use some BT wifi powerline extenders and have 2 extenders to cover the house and conservatory - they also use the electrical wiring "powerline extenders"

How big is this area in the apartment , where is the router located , remember the router will broadcast 360degrees , so you may be able to move the router to the other side of the room and get cover
what obstacles are in the way - things like water tanks and solid walls will reduce the signal a lot
Thank you for the response

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts