Wifi hotspots

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Filmingcrew

Hi,

I am going to be doing some filming for a TV show in a national park in the USA. For other US shoots I have been able to 'attend' via zoom (I am in the UK) with a local cameraman who sets up zoom on his phone or laptop.
The guy who I will be filming says that the signal at the location is 'patchy at best'.
I assume that means I won't be able to use a wifi hotspot but I am interested to find out what you think? Are there any that might work or would anyone be able to suggest another way for me to do this.

thank you.

cwwozniak

Chuck
Hi, and welcome to TSG.

The US National Park Service has some information on its website regarding cellphone coverage and WiFi availability. You would need to look up the specific park you plan to visit.

https://www.nps.gov/aboutus/broadband.htm

If you absolutely require Internet access at a remote location, you are probably looking at some kind of pricey satellite-based service.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online