1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Wifi in Garden office.

Discussion in 'Networking' started by 007djb700, Nov 10, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. 007djb700

007djb700 Thread Starter

Hi.

My challenge.
    I want to install a router in garden office, that will take a high number of connections for wifi plugs, guests etc.

I have an ethernet cable connection from sky broadband in the house.

What is the best router for job and is it easy to set up?

Additional question ,
    Is it better to give it a separate name or same as house wifi network ?

Thanks

2. Fireflycph

Fireflycph

First Name:
    Morten
    The easiest would probably be to just add an Access Point. It'll allow your existing router to handle all routing etc. between those devices and the Internet. Of course, if you need to completely separate those devices from your existing network the solution is quite different. So, in short, it all depends on what you want/need and how much you're willing to spend.

3. 007djb700

007djb700 Thread Starter

Thank you.

Do i need a router with a 'client'?
    Sorry if this doesn't make sense.

As for cost, like everything, i want one that works for as cheap as possible. But would rather invest now than buy twice.

All suggestions welcome

Thanks again.

4. callumthompson

callumthompson

Its not as complicated as it sounds. All you need is a router, you plug in the LAN and use it on multiple devices. The best budget option is a TP Link.

PS- Do give it a different name, as your home network would be dedicated for your use only and its range would be in that vicinity only

5. zx10guy

zx10guy Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

Where is this garden office? Is it part of your existing home? When you say a high number of wifi plugs, do you mean you're going to have a lot of wireless clients connected? How many is a lot? What are these devices and what type of network traffic will these devices require? You mentioned guests. Who are these guests? Friends? Customers/clients?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Tags:

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1235508

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice