1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Wifi Internet stopped working on Samsung Laptop! Please help!

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by gingekelly, Jun 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gingekelly

gingekelly Thread Starter

Hey all,

Yesterday I was at my bros house clearing up space on his Samsung s3510 laptop and I've removed a few programs and a Samsung related program although I can't remember what it was now. I ran malware removal software and it deleted what it found. I then installed the Kodi app to his laptop, so he could stream films etc and it didn't connect, so I removed his firewall.
    All of a sudden, the wifi internet just suddenly stopped working!
    Saying it cannot connect to the Internet. I'm still puzzled as to what I've done. The laptop says there is a connection available and when I go to click 'connect' it asks for name and password, but it still won't connect! Obviously bro and his gf are mega pissed off with me now! ha, really don't know what to do. Was working absolutely fine up until this point and I'm pretty sure I haven't removed any programs regarding the internet stuff.

Please can somebody help me on this!

Many thanks for taking time to read this and look forward to any replies!

Simon

2. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    That's what happens when you remove things that should not be removed.

Use a restore point to a time before you cleaned off those programs.

3. gingekelly

gingekelly Thread Starter

Hey we all make mistakes, thats what tippex is for. I have done that and doesn't work

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1149447

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice