wifi is faster than wired?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

fireman982

when i run a speedtest from my desktop, the speed is about 5 mbps. however, when i run it from the same area with my ipad, it jumps up to 22 mbps. is there something wrong with my network adapter?

fireman982

im pretty sure its ethernet however its not connected to the router itself. its connected to a network box. its netgear and i dont know what the model is.

TerryNet

Terry
Is the "network box" an old switch or hub with only 10 Mbps ports? Is the adapter only 10 Mbps?

Have you tried different cables?

fireman982

sorry for the late reply but i recently tried a new wireless adapter for my computer and it was a stable 50 mbps. then it broke, because it was very cheap, so im back using this crappy old box and my internet is terrible again.

Hi Fireman,
Generally its the wired network that runs faster. Wireless is often immune to obstructions. wired connections offer a dedicated path. wireless are dispersed, in order to search new connections. apart from that, system configurations also do matter. you need ample amount of RAM and processor speed as well.

Like my answer if you find it informative enough.
Thank you.

fireman982

i know that much, but now it doesn't even reach 1 mbps. it sticks around at 0.05-0.5 and it is virtually impossible to use.

well i feel your situation deserves a physical attendance. there could be more than one factors which we as a remote will fail to view. you shall take assistance of a good network technician indeed.

wishing some sweet fruits sooner

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online