WIFI issues - Acer an515-51 593M

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Lionvallis

Hello,

My ACER laptop has been having issues for a while with wifi connection. It will say that it's connected to my wifi, but after a couple of minutes it disconnects. Sometimes it keeps detecting networks and attempting to reconnect, sometimes it won't detect any network afterwards. I usually run the troubleshooter and it will fix the problem by restarting the adapter but it just happens again after a couple of minutes. It's been very frustrating. Most of the time it just shows the circle icon with an x (as if no connections were available).

I have tried updating the drivers, and even downgrading them a couple of times. I was able to partially solve the problem some months ago but honestly I don't remember what I did to solve it and now that I have changed my router (my company gave us a new one) it started acting up again for some reason.

Here is the information from the info utility in the webpage.

------------------------

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home Single Language, 64 bit, Build 18363, Installed 20200619195512.000000-240
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7300HQ CPU @ 2.50GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 158 Stepping 9, CPU Count: 4
Total Physical RAM: 12 GB
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
Hard Drives: C: 930 GB (535 GB Free);
Motherboard: KBL Freed_KLS, ver V1.13, s/n NHQ2QAL0068110BA7A3400
System: Insyde Corp., ver ACRSYS - 0, s/n NHQ2QAL0068110BA7A3400
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled

------------------------

LAN cable works just fine with no issues. I believe it might be a problem with the drivers but I am not sure at this point. I have seen some posts around the internet with the same problem but none of the solutions have actually worked.

Can anyone help me, please?

TerryNet

Terry
Make sure that you are using the latest wireless driver from Acer's web site (assuming that you are using the integrated wireless adapter).

Couriant

James
How much signal strength does the connection have when it is available?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online