1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

wifi issues with laptop and desktop

Discussion in 'Networking' started by MrAwesome1968, May 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. MrAwesome1968

MrAwesome1968 Thread Starter

So i had AT&T install my internet with all new equipment 3 times. Apparently all my devices
    (EXCEPT laptop and desktop) are receiving 100 mbps like it is suppose to, and i even hard wired the laptop and desktop and they worked fine. Because of the layout of my apartment, i cant hard wire my computers. The wifi speedtest for the laptop and desktop are at 47 download and 29 upload, and yes i tried different servers. The technicians scanner and tablet was working fine as well, and he couldn't figure it out either. SO, is it a coincidence that the laptop and desktop wifi isn't working at full function? Could it be Windows updates causing the problem? Or are both my computers wifi screwed up?

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2018
  2. valis

valis Moderator

@MrAwesome1968, I've removed your email address as that is a great way to end up getting loads of spam.

thanks,

v

3. MrAwesome1968

MrAwesome1968 Thread Starter

anyone wanna help me?

4. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    Make and model of each of these slow machines?

They just may be ones that are using older network cards which are much slower than the new ones of today?

5. dmccoy

dmccoy

First Name:
    Darrin
    Lots of variables with wifi and those speeds are probably about right depending on your equipment, etc. As mentioned would help to have the information on your wifi adapters and router.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1210380

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice