1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Wifi Issues

Discussion in 'Networking' started by misterjw, Dec 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. misterjw

misterjw Thread Starter

Hello,

I am having problems accessing my wireless signal from all parts of the house; the router is located in our home office. When I move to the other side of the house (master bedroom) I lose the wireless signal.

I am not sure what to do to solve this. I have done some searching on the internet and have come across two options:

1. a range extender
    2. a second router

Are these my only options, and if so, which one is best?

Thanks.

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    If you're having problems accessing your wireless from the same room as the router there is a problem with the router, the wireless adapter or there is serious wireless interference. Do you have a second wireless enabled device to test with? Or if you have a laptop can you connect w/o problems to another wireless network?

3. BrennaKessler

BrennaKessler

There may be more than one reasons. A problem in the router as well as the lan card in your laptop/PC can also cause this problem. I would advise you to contact your ISP. Ask them to send their representative who could visit your house and check everything.

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Has nothing to do with the ISP unless they own the wireless router.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1031120

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice