1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Wifi keeps disconnecting and reconnecting periodically

Discussion in 'Networking' started by KKincaid, May 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. KKincaid

KKincaid Thread Starter

Hello I am having trouble gaming because my laptop keeps either disconnecting then reconnecting or says connected but no internet access then shortly after changes back to normal.I am on a toshiba satellite s4102. what can i do to fix this problem?

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2350M CPU @ 2.30GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 6051 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family, -1262 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 698475 MB, Free - 616295 MB;
    Motherboard: TOSHIBA, POQAA
    Antivirus: Kaspersky Anti-Virus, Disabled

2. KKincaid

KKincaid Thread Starter

UPDATE

I noticed there were some updates in windows update so i let it do its thing. ( I just got this laptop) But now its not wanting to connect at all, i can see and click on my router but it just trys to connect forever and then it says "limited connectivity " and the icon shows "Not connected-connections are avaliable". I ran the troubleshooter and it says there may be a problem with my network adapter driver PLEASE HELP :eek:

3. donetao

donetao Banned

Hi What do you show in devise manager?? Are you using wi-fi?? Unplug your router from power.Wait 30 seconds and plug it back in. Restart your PC!!

Attached Files:

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Can you connect successfully by ethernet?

Make sure you have the latest wireless driver from the PC manufacturer's web site (if you are using an integrated adapter).

What wireless adapter?

5. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    Check your History in Windows update to be sure you were not offered and installed a hardware update. MS hardware updates have been known to break things. Never get a hardware update from MS. You either go to the maker of your computer or the manufacturer of hardware.

6. KKincaid

KKincaid Thread Starter

Ok well i just assumed that there was something wrong with my wireless adapter so i did multiple things uninstalled and reinstalled my drivers manually, checked for malware, rebooted my modem\router, disconnected everything but the laptop (and yes after each one of those things i rebooted the laptop) and i even bought a usb wireless adapter assuming the hardware somehow was broken or got liquid damage or something but its still doing the same thing even with the usb network adapter. I am assuming that it has something to do with ip conflicts or my router\modem conflicting with the computer. The laptop im on right now works fine but doesn't handle games well SO FRUSTERATING but thank you guys for the help :D

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1147969

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice