Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

wifi limited access on multiple devices

4K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  TerryNet 
#1 ·
Okay, so I moved my wireless router to a more central location in my house (I got low signal in my room) and since then I've been able to connect to the network but only with limited access. Trying to connect to a webpage results in the "DNS lookup failed" error message (Chrome). My brother's computer had had the same issue, and the PlayStation 3 has had connectivity issues also, however I have been able to use my phone with the WiFi without any issues.

I've tried unplugging/turning the router on and off to no effect. Using a different router does not change the situation either. When I try to diagnose the network connection, it says that it could not identify the problem. Any ideas?

Some information:

Both computers run Windows 8
My phone is a Nokia Lumia 620 running WP8
The WiFi status window states that IPv4 and IPv6 have no internet access
My computer uses a Qualcomm Atheros AR5B125 wireless network adapter and says it is working correctly. The adapter is set to work with IPv4/6. IPv4 is set to obtain IP & DNS addresses automatically.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

See less See more
#2 ·
For a Windows PC ...

Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page (don't collapse the Radar, Connection or Signal History) of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector. If your only email accounts are free (Hotmail, gmail, etc.) try this direct link. If you need help with a screen shot see TSG Posting a Screenshot. FWIW to take screen shots with Windows 8 or 7 or Vista I prefer to use the built-in Snipping Tool.

Identify your network if it is not obvious.

Also show ...

Open a (black) Command Prompt window:
Hold the Windows logo key and press r; in the Run box type cmd and click on OK.

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.