1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Wifi link not coming after motherboard replacement dell 1464

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Rajatvj, Oct 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Rajatvj

Rajatvj Thread Starter

Please advice solution as since motherboard replacement wifi link is not coming and no connections cross is only reflecting. Troubleshooting providing no solution. Teredo not installed properly as per device manager.i have windows ultimate7 32 bit installed.
    Please guide what to do so that wifi will start working.

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    I'm assuming you have a Dell Inspiron 1464 laptop which originally came with Windows XP or Windows Vista 32-bit.
    What's the 7-character "service tag" number on it?

Who replaced the motherboard in that laptop?
    Who reinstalled the Windows operating system in it?
    Have the drivers for its devices(chipset, graphic, audio, ethernet, wireless, etc.) been installed?

--------------------------------------------------------------

3. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Does it show the wireless card in Device Manager? Was the wireless card moved over to the replacement board? Did you do the replacement, if not then who performed it?

4. Rajatvj

Rajatvj Thread Starter

Hi its dell inspiron 1464 with windows 7 ultimate 32 bit. Motherboard replaced from.the local vendor. He hasinstalled drivers and under device manger network teredo adapter too is reflecting without any error but wifi is not reflecting.

5. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    Go into the Device Manager and expand the Network Adapters heading.

What's the exact name of the wireless device listed there?

Click its "General" tab.
    Does it say that device is working properly?

Click its "Driver" tab.
    What's the exact driver version and driver date listed there?

----------------------------------------------------------------

6. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    There should be a wireless card showing in Device Manager, is there not one there? Are there any devices with errors, exclamation marks, or missing drivers? You can post a screenshot of Device Manager with the Network section expanded. If nothing is there other then the Toredo adapter then the card was not likely installed or not installed correctly. Take it back to the repair shop and complain.

Also "reflecting" is the wrong word for whatever you are trying to say, maybe "show"?

7. tanfamily

tanfamily

I faced the same issue as the topic starter. Network adapters showing only an ethernet controller which is working properly, yet still no any signs of detecting available networks

Attached Files:

8. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    Rob:
    Rajatvj hasn't replied to post #5, nor has he replied back in 7 days, so any further comments and advice from us is probably a waste of time.

tanfamily:
    If you have a networking issue, you need to start your own thread instead of jumping into someone else's thread.
    Trying to help 2 different people with 2 different computers in the same thread is too confusing.
    I hope you understand.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
  9. tanfamily

tanfamily

@Rajatvj I hope you have solved your issue smoothly

@flavallee Well, I did not expect you will perceive my enquiry of that similar issue as an act of disgrace. Will delete if it offended you by any chance. sorry. Good community anyway. Good day.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1217288

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice