WiFi missing after update

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Adampadum123

Hello I have a compaq Presario cq57 and my WiFi worked great.i then installed windows 10 and after updating the laptop my WiFi settings completely disappeared.I can’t even find them on device manager and when I open network manager it only shows an Ethernet connection because Ethernet is only way to get connected.it also says no WiFi network adapter any help would be very greatful

lochlomonder

Colin
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
If you look on this page at the first post by Paul_Tikkanen, it looks as if those drivers may work. Download and install them.

Adampadum123

Unfortunately it didn’t work and I’m not sure if it’s internal or external how do I check

TerryNet

Terry
Unfortunately it didn’t work
Do you mean that the driver installed OK; the wireless adapter looks OK in Device Manager; but you cannot detect any wireless networks with it?

I’m not sure if it’s internal or external how do I check
If it is external it is probably connected by USB. Look carefully all around the laptop. If you see anything "hanging outside" it see if you can identify the accessory. If you cannot find the adapter that way then it must be internal.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online