1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

wifi network

Discussion in 'Networking' started by sandave003, Jul 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sandave003

sandave003 Thread Starter

hi bro, I have 2 pcs enable with two pci d-link dw510 desktop wireless adaptors, well i could able to connect two pcs and make lan and if one pc has internet of ethernet or some usb modem source i could able to share it to other, you understood me? any other source (must be rj45 or usb). My friend stays beside my house where he uses some wireless modem and lucky i could able to use his net comfortably with his permission using my pcs pci wireless adaptor(so my wireless adaptor is already engaged), my request is how shall i share or forward my first pc's net(already using wireless modem ) to another computer(since my 2nd pc doesn't sees my friends network[wireless modem])? please suggest me. help me solving this issue.

advanced thanks
    sandy

2. attman

attman

Would ICS solve your problem?

3. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

4. dlsayremn

dlsayremn

JohnWill,
    He has permission from a neighbor to connect to neighbor's wireles router.
    Computer1 - connects to internet by d-link dw510 PCI wireless adapter to router.
    Computer2 - has same make/model adapter, but for some reason cannot connect to the router.

Wants to know if Computer2 can connect to Computer1 and share its connection by ethernet or USB.

sandave003,
    As attman said, you could proably use Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) by ethernet cable. Would require a special type of ethernet cable called a Crossover Cable, unless you have at least one computer with a self-detecting ethernet adapter. Might be easier and cheaper to find out why the adapter on the second computer is not working.

Could you supply us with more information?
    The make and model numbers of both computers.
    The make and model of the ethernet adapter on each computer.
    The Operating System Version and patch level of each computer. i.e. XP (Home or Pro) SP1, SP2, SP3; Vista (Home Basic/Premium. Business, Ultimate)

For both computers:

When the computer is completely booted, let's see this.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD (COMMAND for W98/WME) to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following command, followed by the Enter key:

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.
    Paste the results in a message here.

For your machine without the network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here

5. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    From the forum rules:

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/845679

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice