1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

WIFI not detecting network

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by leopoldo95, Oct 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. leopoldo95

leopoldo95 Thread Starter

Hi all

My Wifi isnt detecting my home network. Whats strange that it happened on a turn off/on from the computer, i did not install anything.

At first, the network was detecting the home network, but wasnt able to connect (meanwhile, other devices, a phone and a table could), however now, i cant detect any network (mine or from neighbors, which appear on my phone).

I´ve tried to reboot the PC, turn the card (fn+f3) on and off, disabling the card on the device manager and i cant find the driver for it. Its a notebook CCE Info Onix 545-B (not sure if its a Brazilian trademark only, anyway).

The card is a Realtek RTL8192CE Wireless LAN. Something else me is that on the device manager the name has a "(TEST)" at the end of the name, not sure if its nomenclature only, alsol, theres a triangle with a ! on it, indicating some issue(which i dont know how to specify ).

Any ideas to fix? i can provide any necessary information.

Thanks.

2. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
  3. Tanis

Tanis

First Name:
    Shane
    As managed says, try reinstalling the driver as that can help if it has become corrupted. Worst case is that the actual wireless card in the laptop has failed (I have 2 laptops at home where this has happened). They can be replaced I believe, however its probably just as easy (if not easier) to just disable it and buy a USB wifi adaptor.

4. DaveBurnett

DaveBurnett Account Closed

Try INSSIDER and see what that says.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1111920

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice