1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Wifi not working with TP-LINK router

Discussion in 'Networking' started by MPcore06, Jul 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. MPcore06

MPcore06 Thread Starter

So im deployment and we have hardwire internet in my room. wanting to use all other devices eg. iphone and what not i bought a router to plug the hardwire in to and run the wifi off the router for all devices. its made by TP-LINK the model is TL-WR940N. it worked great for a while but then kept giving me DNS server is not responding but i could plug the hard cable in my computer and the internet would work fine? so i reset the router and set it all up again like before. Now i cant get it to run wifi off it anymore it recognizes and connect through wifi but no internet and its telling me i need to plud the hardwire in to my internet but my computer is recognizing it and saying i have internet access, but no internet i mean its not even thinking if there is internet. i have re-set up the router twice and still same thing? im lost on what to do? i run a lot things off my iphone and with no wifi i cant keep in contact with people let alone my wife through certain apps to text or things.. any help would be very grateful thanks?

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Terry Moderator

For a computer running Windows please show the following for a connection to the ethernet jack in your room and for a connection to the router ...

Open a (black) Command Prompt window:
    Hold the Windows logo key and press r; in the Run box type cmd and click on OK.

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
    Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1061860