1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

wifi not working

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Diony, Jun 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Diony

Diony Thread Starter

I just had someone put a new fan into my hp g62-347nr windows 7, my laptop is working again but now there's a red x on the wifi icon and it says not connected and no connections available. When I went to the device manager it didn't detect wifi. Didn't have it on the list. Can someone please help me figure out how to make the wifi working hotkey which is f12 on my keyboard is off and won't turn on.

2. huggie54

huggie54

hi, at a guess the person who repaired the fan has not connected the Wi-Fi adapter,

3. DaveBurnett

DaveBurnett Account Closed

Get the service repair manual from here: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/manualCategory?cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=4327418&task= and look at the section on replacing the Wireless module.
    It is simple enough to do yourself as it only needs a Phillips screwdriver to remove the panel from the bottom and the module itself. Remove it and replace it. Make sure the aerials are connected.

Does the indicator light on the top turn blue or does it stay amber?

4. Diony

Diony Thread Starter

H!i forgot to say not only does my laptop ask for ethernet and it has an x on the networks icon but there's an x on the hp wireless assistant. I don't get any error messages but the hp wireless assistant doesn't have any devices listed. How do i change it back to wifi without a router?

5. Diony

Diony Thread Starter

so i downloaded a new driver without any difficulty but then afterwards it says this program may not be compatible and the driver doesnt show up, funny thing is i searched for the drivers through the kind of computer i have by telling the site it is a windows 7 and by searching the style number of my laptop!

please help its the only laptop/computer i have!

6. DaveBurnett

Did you check the module as I suggested?

7. Diony

Diony Thread Starter

yes that only showed me how to replace the module, i dont need to replace it, it was working just fine, i didnt have any errors beforehand and my laptop was cleaned out.

8. Diony

Diony Thread Starter

funny how one thing is fixed and then more problems start coming

9. DaveBurnett

You had the motherboard replaced, that would require removing that module. All I'm suggesting is that whoever did that may not have replaced that module correctly. It won't take long for you to make sure.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1102248

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice