1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

wifi on Solaris 10

Discussion in 'Linux and Unix' started by amittal, Dec 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. amittal

amittal Thread Starter

i am using solaris 10 using VMWare .Host OS is windows 7 . How i would run wifi on solaris 10????

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Not being familiar with Solaris or VMWare I cannot give any specifics. The first task, which may be difficult or impossible, is to get control of the wireless adapter wrested from the host and given to the guest. What type of adapter (USB, integrated, ExpressCard, etc.)?

By the way, do you really have a need to do this?

3. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

You should be able to select the wireless network adapter in the configuration settings for the Solaris guest system. It's not something you set within the Solaris operating system because the physical hardware is emulated. I have VMware Workstation, and I can configure the various network options to use whatever physical network adapters I want to use.

4. amittal

amittal Thread Starter

i ran this command :

/usr/sbin/sconadm register -N // This disable the solasis registry

a) How i'll enable solaris registry ?

After this command , i ran <init 6> means reboot the system ,but no able to login to GUImode .
    am just getting console mode for Login .

b) How i'll get my GUI mode back and Registry diaable means not able to Login through GUI mode??

please provide the solution for that.....

Thanks for providing suggestion on WiFi issue on solaris

Thanks
    Mittal

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/971789

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice