wifi on Solaris 10

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

amittal

i am using solaris 10 using VMWare .Host OS is windows 7 . How i would run wifi on solaris 10????

TerryNet

Terry
Not being familiar with Solaris or VMWare I cannot give any specifics. The first task, which may be difficult or impossible, is to get control of the wireless adapter wrested from the host and given to the guest. What type of adapter (USB, integrated, ExpressCard, etc.)?

By the way, do you really have a need to do this?

DoubleHelix

Banned
You should be able to select the wireless network adapter in the configuration settings for the Solaris guest system. It's not something you set within the Solaris operating system because the physical hardware is emulated. I have VMware Workstation, and I can configure the various network options to use whatever physical network adapters I want to use.

amittal

i ran this command :

/usr/sbin/sconadm register -N // This disable the solasis registry

a) How i'll enable solaris registry ?

After this command , i ran <init 6> means reboot the system ,but no able to login to GUImode .
am just getting console mode for Login .

b) How i'll get my GUI mode back and Registry diaable means not able to Login through GUI mode??

please provide the solution for that.....

Thanks for providing suggestion on WiFi issue on solaris

Thanks
Mittal

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts