1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Wifi password will not work on any of my devices

Discussion in 'Networking' started by vaaaluuuraaay, Feb 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. vaaaluuuraaay

vaaaluuuraaay Thread Starter

I have tried putting in the password for my wifi but it refuses to work it keeps saying that it is the wrong one and i have tried it on my computer and phone they say the same thing. I have tried using the Ethernet cable that has been working but i tried getting on 192.168.1.1 but it will not load. I have even tried using the command "ipconfig" code that it gave me and that website would not load either.

Are there any other alternatives ?:confused:

2. weirdtoys

weirdtoys

hi,

Have you tried changing your password by logging in to the router using the router IP address

3. DaveBurnett

DaveBurnett Account Closed

Look on the bottom of the router and check that 192.168.1.1 is the correct address. Some use 0.0 or 0.1.

4. vaaaluuuraaay

vaaaluuuraaay Thread Starter

I have already tried all those. I have even reset it I can access the Internet but when I try putting in any ip adress or 192.168.0.0 or anything it just says that it can't load. I'm still really confused on what I can do?

5. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Open a (black) Command Prompt window:
    Hold the Windows logo key and press r; in the Run box type cmd and click on OK.

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

[Press ENTER after each command.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
    Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1143623

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice