1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

wifi problems

Discussion in 'Networking' started by demolitionman, Dec 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. demolitionman

demolitionman Thread Starter

please can someone tell me what a yellow star on top of my wifi signal bars mean. It says i have excellent signal but when i put security key in to connect it tells me it cant. My other pcs connect and run with no problems. Please help

2. med-supp5

med-supp5 Banned

Hey demolitionma,
    The yellow star that you had on the top of your wifi signal bars means that either a driver is missing or the hardware is down. so what you got to do in this case, is to check that your device manager and check if the Networks Adapters'drivers are installed, otherwise you need to install the driver . and you may want to check your firewall because it can block your internet connection too.
    And from my point, i think if you are sitting far from the access point, that could be a reason to get a low internet connection or no connection at all, and in this case you will see the yellow star on top of your wifi signal bars.

3. med-supp5

med-supp5 Banned

Hey demolitionma,
    The yellow star that you had on the top of your wifi signal bars means that either a driver is missing or the hardware is down. so what you got to do in this case, is to check that your device manager and check if the Networks Adapters'drivers are installed, otherwise you need to install the driver . and you may want to check your firewall because it can block your internet connection too.
    And from my point, i think if you are sitting far from the access point, that could be a reason to get a low internet connection or no connection at all, and in this case you will see the yellow star on top of your wifi signal bars.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1081880

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice