1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

WiFi Problems

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Gagejohnson19, Feb 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gagejohnson19

Gagejohnson19 Thread Starter

I’m not a really tech savvy person so I could use some help with this... I switched to Viasat WiFi several months ago and it worked decent most of the time, but about a month ago we had someone move the router to a different spot in our house in hopes that the WiFi would be better. Ever since they moved the router the WiFi has worked for half of my devices and won’t work for the other half..for example on my computer it says “no internet, secured” but for my smart TV it works great. Does anyone know what my problem might be? Also, the guy that put my WiFi in says that we do not have a router anymore and just a modem...But he didn’t move the modem..just our old router. (We have a Viasat gateway router if that helps anything)

2. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    Viasat is internet through Satellite.
    Your device is a Gateway which means it is a modem and router combined.
    The other router has to be set to bridge mode for it to work. I suspect it is not and that's why 1/2 your devices can't get on. The ones that can are probably closer to the gateway device and get a good signal.

You either get the old router in bridge mode or buy a signal repeater.
    https://www.repeaterstore.com/pages/wifi-booster-repeater-extender-differences

3. Gagejohnson19

Gagejohnson19 Thread Starter

Ok, thanks!..I’ll try this and see how it works.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1223420

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice