1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Wifi rebroadcast help

Discussion in 'Networking' started by doorsfan83, Sep 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. doorsfan83

doorsfan83 Thread Starter

I am trying to rebroadcast a wifi signal I am pulling in with my alfa usb card. I do not have physical access to the modem or router. Essentially I need to rebroadcast a signal I am receiving wirelessly. At my disposal I have a D-link DWL-2100AP, a belkin wireless g universal repeater, and an additional alfa usb card. I am running windows 7 and know this is more than possible with what I got but networking is an area I have little knowledge in. I have been trying for 4 days and need help step by step preferable if anyone out there's got the skills.

2. etaf

etaf Wayne Moderator

whats the make an model of the Router thats producing the signal and where abouts is it

3. doorsfan83

doorsfan83 Thread Starter

I got it working using the other alfa in ap mode it has to be an open connection but my comodo firewall will block any unauthorized users ended up being very simple I was trying to make it harder than it needed to be.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!