Wifi Repeater Issues

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

uncleles

So I bought a wifi repeater to use in my upstairs for my tablet (Amazon Fire). I hoped it would be an easy setup, and surprisingly it was. The problem is that a set amount of time after initial setup (difficult to know how long since I only use it at night) I am unable to connect my tablet to the repeater. It automatically disconnects and when I try to reconnect I get the message "connection failed" over and over again. I have tried a few manual setups on my tablet, not having the slightest idea what I was doing, and naturally that didn't work. The only way to get it to work again is to go through the setup again, but inevitably my tablet disconnects and cannot reconnect.

I am using a CenturyLink router/wifi combo thing for my internet. The wifi booster is just an off-brand thing I got off Amazon.

What other information can I provide that would be helpful? I tried to look up solutions, but though this seems a common problem there doesn't seem to be a common solution. At least not one written in English for someone like myself with no computer savvy at all.

Thanks in advance for your assistance!

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
My first thought is are you clicking
apply
Change the repeater SSID and enter the password of your router, then click apply
That said perhaps the comment ion this review of the product from the link you sent says all
I would not recommend this product to anyone, if you want a good wi fi extender get a netgear model N300 works with any wi fi router or combination priced about $40.00 well worth the money, and a lot less frustration
and then on something like that you have a proper user manual and support - even if the actual product is still - made in China

uncleles

Uh, yeah. I clicked Apply. Thanks for the insight. I'll just return it and get something that works.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online