1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Wifi/ Router Connectivity

Discussion in 'Networking' started by whiskeyano, Nov 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. whiskeyano

whiskeyano Thread Starter

I have a pocket wi-fi being shared by 3 laptops.. I want to connect a Zyxel Wireless N-lite Home Router so that I can also plug-in other LAN connected devices, e.g. VOIP phone. Is there a way to connect it or are there other devices I need for this internetworking. By the way, currently the router is connected to WiMAX broadband modem which I want disconnected already due to low available bandwidth.

The laptops OS are XP, Vista and Windows 7 and MacOS.

Thanks very much guys and more power to you.

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    This Pocket WiFi? If so, note the five gadget limit, and you are already connecting three.

Don't know if it will work with your unit, but in general a wireless bridge (or AP client) is what "extends" a wireless network to an ethernet segment. Some routers support this mode and most do not. Check your user guide or configuration pages.

If it works the wireless bridge may or may not count as one of the five connected gadgets.

3. Ronnie1230

Ronnie1230

Hey Can you tell me where i"ll get link that give me 1mbps speed? Please?

4. whiskeyano

whiskeyano Thread Starter

Thanks for the quick reply.. i searched for the wireless bridge feature in Zyxel wireless N router but can't find it.. I am not that techie but can you guide me how to go thru the configuration or if there are other device that I would need.. the pocket wifi am using is huawei mobile wifi b/g/n capable..

thanks again

5. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    I can't, but the user guide and/or quick setup guide for the other device should be all that is needed. :)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1075717

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice