1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

WiFi router not connecting to laptop (Moved from Windows 10)

Discussion in 'Networking' started by abhinavak, May 6, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. abhinavak

abhinavak Thread Starter

Laptop is not connecting to any WiFi router but it is connecting to mobile hotspot easily.I am using windows 10
    I tried everything -updating network drivers, reinstalling drivers, refreshing p , resetting the pc but the issue is not resolved

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

Did you ever had a static ip address put on that laptop ? Go to Control Panel > Network & Sharing Center > Change Adapter Settings > Wi-Fi > Properties > IPv4 Properties

3. abhinavak

abhinavak Thread Starter

It is not even showing the WiFi routers

4. lunarlander

lunarlander

Not the Wi-Fi router, I know you can't see the Router in Network & Sharing Center. The Wi-Fi Adapter. Inside the Wi-Fi Adapter, Properties > IPv4 Properties; you should let Windows automatically detect the ip address.

5. abhinavak

abhinavak Thread Starter

That is already set to automatc.
    It is connecting to any mobile hotspot ,it is not connecting to WiFi routers my home WiFi,my college WiFi any WiFi routers

6. lunarlander

lunarlander

Hotspots are just routers too.

The one thing that is different is that hotspots usually don't have encryption set up - you can just connect without putting in a password.

Do you even see your router listed among your neighbors when hover over the network icon in the systray ?

7. abhinavak

abhinavak Thread Starter

Yes I am using my router with my mobile and other laptop

8. abhinavak

abhinavak Thread Starter

Sometimes the laptop shows the router but very weak signal unable to connect that

9. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    So to confirm... under the wireless connection lists, you can see your hotspot... you can see other networks, but not your own WiFi?

10. abhinavak

abhinavak Thread Starter

I can see only mobile hotspots
    Not any WiFi routers

11. lunarlander

lunarlander

Use another PC/tablet/smart phone and go to the router's configuration web page. Check the wireless settings to see that it Does Broadcast the SSID.

12. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    Make sure it is not in airplane mode. That would turn the wifi off and only connect to mobile.

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1226749

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice