1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Wifi Switch Not Working

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by estepkim, Jul 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. estepkim

estepkim Thread Starter

So the wifi switch on my computer is broken off, although i am unsure how it happened. The places I have taken it to with questions have only told me expensive solutions for it such as having to replace the entire motherboard (which seems strange to me just because of one switch) anyways, I have wireless internet in my house, but cannot use it on my laptop so for anything that involves internet connection the laptop is useless. I also bought one of those netgear wireless usb adaptors and am still not able to get internet.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks

2. jdibella

jdibella

I may be wrong but the wifi switch should not affect an external USB adapter. What were the issues you were having when you installed the Netgear Wireless USB? Did you disable the internal wifi adapter (either in Windows or BIOS) prior to installing?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1005980

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice