1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

WiFi turned off and won't turn back on.

Discussion in 'Networking' started by bjmatakaetis, Apr 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bjmatakaetis

bjmatakaetis Thread Starter

I've already consulted Samsung about this issue, and they want me to Refresh (windows 8) my laptop. I have important programs and I DON'T WANT TO DO THAT.

Started about half an hour ago, I plugged my laptop into the wired connection because it was downloading 6 GB. Plugging in a cord activates Airplane mode. In theory, once out of Airplane Mode, WiFi will turn back on. NORMALLY IT DOES, BUT NOW IT DOESN'T. THIS IS REALLY PISSING ME OFF.

PLEASE HELP ME. IT'S A BRAND NEW LAPTOP, NOT TO MENTION MY SECOND ONE OF IT.

-BJ:mad:

2. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Is this a second computer with the same issue?

I would suggest contacting Microsoft as it seems to be a software issue and not hardware. Especially if you can turn on the wireless manually.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1097538