Wifi Will Not Stay Connected

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

uhmmmglitter

Jasmine
Hey guys! My name's Jasmine and for the past week or two, I've been experiencing some major issues on my HP Envy Touchsmart m6-k015dx Sleekbook. For whatever reason, my wifi just will not stay connected. I've tried just about everything that I could think of from various resources online: uninstalling/reinstalling the network adapter and changing settings within it, troubleshooting, restarting my computer, etc. and nothing seems to work. Finally, I decided that a reboot was the best way to go. I didn't do a complete factory reset though (because I knew that would revert my system back to the Windows 8 operating system). The reset I chose deleted files, apps and basically everything else. After the reset completed, I had zero problems with connectivity, but today (only two days after the reset), I started having the same issues again where my wifi would suddenly disconnect. When I try to reconnect, my computer either shows that there are no available networks (I live in an apartment building so this is definitely false) or that my home wifi network does not have internet (also false because my phone is connected to it all the time). Additionally, (before I reset my computer) when I was at work, my computer would not locate our staff wifi. It never showed up on the list of available networks. I'm hoping when I go to work tomorrow, I do not have this same problem. If anyone has any advice on how I can resolve this issue, please let me know and thanks in advance!

Additional info:
Model #:E0K41UA

Serial #:CND3260FR1

metallica5456

Andrew
Trusted Advisor
Honestly, sounds like your wifi card is going bad. Id replace the internal card if youre tech savvy or buy a USB adapter and see if it resolves the issue.

You have all the symptoms of a dying wifi card.

TerryNet

Terry
You also have tbe symptoms of incorrect driver and/or Windows "updating" to an incorrect driver. Make sure you have the latest wireless driver from HP's web site.

Since it is doing the same thing on multiple networks, you can rule out it being the wifi. It has to either be the wireless card or wifi driver. Also, how close are you to the wifi router? I had an issue with my wifi being in the basement, so we added an extension adapter, now it runs perfect.

uhmmmglitter

Jasmine
Thank you all so much for your responses! At work and at home, I'm only a room away from the router so I don't think distance is a problem...I will make sure I have the correct driver, and if that doesn't work, I'll try replacing my wifi card.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online