1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

wifi will not work after standby or hibernate

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Roseport2000, Oct 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roseport2000

Roseport2000 Thread Starter

I don't understand why when I hibernate or standby, when I turn the computer back on, the computer says that it is connected and gives a speed but I can't get any thing to load. I have avg & Zone alarm free, I make sure the internet is not frozen by the zone alarm. If I "restart" then it connects immediately to the free wifi that we use here at our rv park. My hubby's computer never has a problem. I am a relative beginner and I don't understand this.
    TIA
    Rose

Toshiba Satellite L25-S1192
    XP Home 5.1.2600 sp2 build 2600
    BIOS Toshiba V1.50. 9/23/2005
    Atheros AR5005G Wireless Network Adapter

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Classic issue with wireless connections and power down.

First off, I'd open Device Manager, expand the Network adapters, and select the Advanced tab, and see if you can turn off any power saving features. Next, I'd upgrade to the latest drivers and BIOS for that machine. Finally, I'd upgrade to SP3 as well.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/755628

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice