wifi?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

derFred57

Frederick
I know it's a pretty simple answer to my question but being not very computer literate, here goes. I just bought a new computer and still want my old one to be available on wifi, just can't figure out the settings to do so, please help and thank you.

etaf

Wayne
was the old one on wifi before - if so then it should remain on the wifi without needing to change sny settings.

derFred57

Frederick
No the old one was wired up all the time, just used my wifi for my phone. It was easy to set my phone for wifi, but not for my old computer. Thanks.

etaf

Wayne
Does the old computer have wifi at all ?
how old - make and Exact model of the computer may help
on the back is there a black plastic rod, aerial - often they use an internal aerial a lot , so may not have an external aerial

you may see a wifi symbol at the bottom right
and it should be easy to connect - ike the phone

derFred57

Frederick
Hi, I'm so frustrated because I know it's a simple remedy. My computer is a HP Pavilion g6, going on six years old. This is a notebook, doesn't have an aerial. I've punched in the name of my wifi and I must be doing something wrong, as usual.

etaf

Wayne
you don't usually have to enter the name of the wifi - you click on the wifi which is yours , like the phone and then make sure you put the correct password in

is the wifi showing in the bottom right
maybe some screen shots while connected by cable

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts