1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

wifi?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by derFred57, Nov 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. derFred57

derFred57 Thread Starter

First Name:
    Frederick
    I know it's a pretty simple answer to my question but being not very computer literate, here goes. I just bought a new computer and still want my old one to be available on wifi, just can't figure out the settings to do so, please help and thank you.

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    was the old one on wifi before - if so then it should remain on the wifi without needing to change sny settings.

3. derFred57

derFred57 Thread Starter

First Name:
    Frederick
    No the old one was wired up all the time, just used my wifi for my phone. It was easy to set my phone for wifi, but not for my old computer. Thanks.

4. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    Does the old computer have wifi at all ?
    how old - make and Exact model of the computer may help
    on the back is there a black plastic rod, aerial - often they use an internal aerial a lot , so may not have an external aerial

you may see a wifi symbol at the bottom right
    and it should be easy to connect - ike the phone

5. derFred57

derFred57 Thread Starter

First Name:
    Frederick
    Hi, I'm so frustrated because I know it's a simple remedy. My computer is a HP Pavilion g6, going on six years old. This is a notebook, doesn't have an aerial. I've punched in the name of my wifi and I must be doing something wrong, as usual.

6. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    you don't usually have to enter the name of the wifi - you click on the wifi which is yours , like the phone and then make sure you put the correct password in

is the wifi showing in the bottom right
    maybe some screen shots while connected by cable

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1219293

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice