1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

wifi

Discussion in 'Networking' started by alionell, Feb 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. alionell

alionell Thread Starter

hey guys the WiFi on my Laptop is not working anymore (asus Laptop) it´s like it has no WiFi Driver at all
    it worked again surprisingly yesterday but today it stopped working so i Need your help. thanks in advance

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    What is the error in Device Manager for the wireless adapter? What (brand and model) is the adapter?

3. alionell

alionell Thread Starter

@TerryNet it doesn’t show any errors that’s the confusing thing !

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    The wireless adapter would not be showing in Device Manager w/o error if there were no driver installed.

5. alionell

alionell Thread Starter

Yes it is not showing at all!

6. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Quite a bit different from your initial post!

The adapter is almost certainly dead or loose or has corroded contacts. If it is easily accessible through a small cover in the laptop's bottom remove and carefully reinsert it several times.

If it is not easily accessible or the procedure does not help I suggest to just use a USB wireless adapter.

7. alionell

alionell Thread Starter

Thanks for your answer i appreciate it.. i think that is the problem too. It still has guarantee though, so i guess im good I’ll just take it to where i bought it from. Thanks have a nice day

8. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    You're welcome. :) And I agree about taking advantage of the guarantee. Good luck. Please update this thread with the results of your visit with the retailer.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1223209

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice