1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Wii Online

Discussion in 'Games' started by bectaaa, Sep 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bectaaa

bectaaa Thread Starter

I read in Girl Gamer Magazine that connecting your Wii to the internet is of no extra charge if you have broadband, but when I searched on the internet, all the pages I found said it was around £4.99 a month. :eek::confused::eek: I'm confused. Do I have to pay per month, or is it, like the magazine said, no extra charge if I have broadband. I have AOL broadband, if that helps. Please help, I'm really confused. Thanks,
    Bex
    :D

2. -Fabez-

-Fabez-

If you have a wireless router it is free.

3. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    not sure for the UK, but if you have a wireless router (I don't think the Wii has ethernet) you can connect it via by that way. There is no charge for the Wii Network. Same like the Playstation3. There is another service that you can purchase wii points/credits so you can download retro games like mario.

I know of some services that get you broadband services wirelessly, like Clearwire here in the US. Perhaps that's what they are talking about if you do not have broadband internet?

4. marcus77

marcus77

Sorry that I am late to this conversation...

To connect your Wii online is free.
    To browse the internet on your Wii will cost you. And that is only because you will have to purchase the Internet Channel. But most people don't need or use that Channel.

There is no subscription service to connect the Wii. In fact, it is encouraged to connect the Wii online so you can download updates, buy Virtual Games (and Wii Ware), and even interact with friends via (some) games.

5. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    speaking of virtual ware... they now have Secret of Mana on it! :) yay!

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!