Wii Online

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bectaaa

I read in Girl Gamer Magazine that connecting your Wii to the internet is of no extra charge if you have broadband, but when I searched on the internet, all the pages I found said it was around £4.99 a month. :eek::confused::eek: I'm confused. Do I have to pay per month, or is it, like the magazine said, no extra charge if I have broadband. I have AOL broadband, if that helps. Please help, I'm really confused. Thanks,
Bex
:D

Couriant

James
I read in Girl Gamer Magazine that connecting your Wii to the internet is of no extra charge if you have broadband, but when I searched on the internet, all the pages I found said it was around £4.99 a month. :eek::confused::eek: I'm confused. Do I have to pay per month, or is it, like the magazine said, no extra charge if I have broadband. I have AOL broadband, if that helps. Please help, I'm really confused. Thanks,
Bex
:D
not sure for the UK, but if you have a wireless router (I don't think the Wii has ethernet) you can connect it via by that way. There is no charge for the Wii Network. Same like the Playstation3. There is another service that you can purchase wii points/credits so you can download retro games like mario.

I know of some services that get you broadband services wirelessly, like Clearwire here in the US. Perhaps that's what they are talking about if you do not have broadband internet?

Sorry that I am late to this conversation...

To connect your Wii online is free.
To browse the internet on your Wii will cost you. And that is only because you will have to purchase the Internet Channel. But most people don't need or use that Channel.

There is no subscription service to connect the Wii. In fact, it is encouraged to connect the Wii online so you can download updates, buy Virtual Games (and Wii Ware), and even interact with friends via (some) games.

Couriant

James
speaking of virtual ware... they now have Secret of Mana on it! :) yay!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online