1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Wii U Controller question

Discussion in 'Games' started by hyler, Dec 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hyler

hyler Thread Starter

Not sure if this is the right section to post in, though a search result for "Wii" shows most topics in this category, so I'll give it a shot.

I'm hearing a lot of conflicting info from other sites regarding the usage of the tablet style Wii-U controller.

The question is, do any games require that a player use this controller? If we absolutely hate the thought of controlling a game we want to play on a giant tablet, can we opt for the "pro" controller instead? Or are there some games that must have that tablet controller and require a player to use it?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: My main concern comes from when the original Wii first came out. They advertised you could use gamecube controllers instead of the wiimotes (so you could just press buttons and wouldn't have to be swinging your arms all over) but then when it came out, you couldn't use gamecube controllers on some games such as The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess, you HAD to use the Wiimote. So I just want to make sure that's not going to be the case with the new system and the tablet controller before purchasing and can't find any hard information either way on it.

2. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    James
    My guess would be the same thing. I'm sure the games for the wii u will be specific but the wii games will use the controllers.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1081908

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice