1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Wiki.dll

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Jyccyj, Jan 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jyccyj

Jyccyj Thread Starter

Hi
    I am having a lot of trouble with bad image messages for all the programs I use:-

The application or dll C:\Windows\System32\WIKI.DLL is not a valid Windows image.

I understand this to be malware and have tried various programs to scan the system but all report no threats.

I have looked in System 32 for WIKI.DLL and find it is 20bytes, an Application extension file and was created 28th November, which is roughly when all my problems started!

I have looked at another computer's System32 for WIKI.DLL and found that there isn't one.

I am wondering therefore if I can just remove my WIKI.DLL without doing anything disastrous to my computer?

Thanks
    Jyccyj

2. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

If you believe your computer is infected, please click on Report and kindly ask to be moved to the Virus & Other Malware Removal forum. Be sure to provide the appropriate reports in that forum after reading THIS. From there, be patient. You should get an answer within the next 48 hours. Those guys are really busy!

3. Saga Lout

Saga Lout

Before this one gets taken over, may I just sugfgest running a search for exe files created on that date. If you can find the one that relates to the .dll and delete it, you might help the situation but six weeks is a long time to store up malware - plenty of breeding time.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/973009

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice