1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Wild-N-Crazy IE

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by a1jduncan, Feb 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. a1jduncan

a1jduncan Thread Starter

I have a question for anyone who can help. Sometimes when I click my back button in IE multiple "blank" popup windows open up. When this happens it doesn't let me even hit alt,ctrl,delete. The only way to stop them is to unplug the computer because so many popup you can't stop them. Can anyone help? I have win XP with IE 6.0.

2. liu2k3

liu2k3

Run an antivirus to see whether it is a virus or not. You can go to www.trendmicro.com or www.pandasoftware.com/activescan , both sites have very good online scans. Also get some antispyware programs to help you in case it is spyware. AdAware and SpyBot Search & Destroy are good apps to use. You can do a google search and it'll take you to where you can download them. Also, try and stay away from any toolbar downloads or anything that has to do with toolbars. Ive seen this happen with SearchBar and WebSearch Toolbar, so be cautious. Hope this helps. Good Luck:)

3. telecom69

telecom69 Gone but never forgotten

4. a1jduncan

a1jduncan Thread Starter

I have adaware, spybot, and norton. Nothing came up. I recently installed google toolbar. I'll try uninstalling this and see if it helps. Thanks for the help.

5. scranfield

scranfield

Hi . Quit all programs that are running and try re-registering urlmon.dll :

Click Start, and then click Run.

Type regsvr32 /i urlmon.dll, and then click OK.

When you receive the "DllRegisterServer in urlmon.dll succeeded" message, click OK.

Try your browser again......

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/327976

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice