1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

wild problems

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by dcscouts, Sep 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dcscouts

dcscouts Thread Starter

i think i have serious problems that i have created, it all started when i ran windows washer, it deleted some important stuff,so i reinstalled xp(from hd-as i dont have cds,comp didnt come with them)updated windows,updated again,now at sp2,ok-first big problem, after trying to get around the log on screen i unclicked the "use welcome screen" button, still had to click ok on boot, came here and found the way around this(control userpasswords2),did that,reboot-cant log in because incorrect password, but i never had one!!so now when i boot-up it gets caught between old style and new style log in, what can i do to fix this? im tired of going through safe mode! also when in safe mode if you go to users it shows admin and owner, if i can get in under reg. windows it only shows owner. pleez help i thinkz im goin stoopit!!! thanks in advance,david

2. KHolloman

KHolloman

reboot into safe mode, run system restore and see if you have a restore point. start>run> type MSCONFIG and click launch system restore. I would personally hold off on SP2.

For your question about the Admin login, it's suppose to show during safe mode.

If you re-ran set-up from the HD versus formatting and reinstalling you are not going to solve problems that you had.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/269568

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice