Will a dual slot graphics card fit in my machine?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

kmartian

I just purchased this pre-built machine:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=7375900

Acer Aspire AM3970-UR14P DT.SJYAA.003 Desktop PC

I'm attempting to order a graphics card upgrade ( probably an affordable Nvida GT 650 ti . Obviously the card will consume some space due to the fan. I'm trying to figure out if the card ( or a similar dual slot PCIx card) will fit onto the motherboard. I know from past experience that a lot of non-custom built PCs have little to no room for expansion.

I've searched all over the net about this particular model number of Acer Aspire and can come up with no information about the motherboard to check for myself.

Would anyone happen to know where i can find info about the motherboard for this particular model of Acer Aspire desktop?

** Also, i do intend on removing the included radeon card.

dustyjay

Jay
It is hard to tell if it would fit the case, but the specs state that your computer only has a 300W Power Supply and that definitely will not work with the card you list.

Triple6

Rob
Motherboards are rarely an issue, it's the case and power supply that generally pose the problem. The Acer power supply is simply useless and will need to be replace with a quality power supply of sufficient wattage, key words quality and sufficient. A Corsair TX650 would do the trick: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139020

As for the case, measure the distance from the back of the case to the hard drive bay or front of the case where the PCI-Express slot is and also measure down from the PCI-Express slot down to the next installed card or to the bottom of the case to make sure there's room for it to fit.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online