1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Will an HP m1820n Run an Apple Display??

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dagonpaul, Jul 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dagonpaul

dagonpaul Thread Starter

Hello everyone,

I have just purchased an HP m8120n at work and would like to get an Apple 20 inch display for it, however I would like to make sure that the HP can run an apple display. The HP comes with an NVIDIA GeForce 7350 LE as described by HP below.

"Graphics and audio: The NVIDIA® GeForce™ 7350 LE graphics card and 623MB of video memory—128MB dedicated—will ready you for demanding 3D gaming and video. The graphics card also features TV-out and DVI connections. High-definition audio support for eight speakers lets you add an excellent surround sound system."

Apple claims that you must have a PC

"graphics card that supports DVI ports with full single-link digital bandwidth and VESA DDC standard for plug and play setup"

Before I take the plunge for an Apple Display with my companies money I would like some guarantee that it will work without any problems.

Any input?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!