Will clearwire work with puppy linux?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

one.sensei

not the card, but the box with ethernet cable.
Will it work without any special configuration?

Thanks.

one.sensei

Yes, but it's not for me. A friend of mine has a win 98 computer that doesn't run so well. I'm almost certain Puppy will put some life back in it, but he has clearwire, so I don't know if the internet will work, and I don't want to go all the way over there to have it not work. :)

Certainly someone knows? I googled it a bit, but I didn't really find anything.

Yes, but it's not for me. A friend of mine has a win 98 computer that doesn't run so well. I'm almost certain Puppy will put some life back in it, but he has clearwire, so I don't know if the internet will work, and I don't want to go all the way over there to have it not work. :)

Certainly someone knows? I googled it a bit, but I didn't really find anything.
I have not had to configure anything for ethernet with any distro including puppy (@ a dozen).

Tell it is ethernet and usually follow defaults.

My cable modem is RCA.

I am also going through a Netgear router, which doesn't seem to matter either.

one.sensei

Ok. I'll give it a try and hope it works. The only reason I doubt it will just work is because it's wireless, and I know for adapters, linux makes it really difficult to use. Of courseclearwire isn't an adapter, so I don't know.

Ok. I'll give it a try and hope it works. The only reason I doubt it will just work is because it's wireless, and I know for adapters, linux makes it really difficult to use. Of courseclearwire isn't an adapter, so I don't know.
Wireless may be a problem. But you can always hard wire it to get proper drivers. Hopefully. I don't use wireless.

one.sensei

That's what clearwire is. I've seen commercials about it and it's a box that uses an ethernet cable.

That's what clearwire is. I've seen commercials about it and it's a box that uses an ethernet cable.
Apparently, minime, which is a remaster of PCLinuxOS, works quite well with wireless.

It is @ 300MB. Can install whatever on it to make it a full blown OS.

May want to download it and take it as well.

3rd link under parent directory.
http://spout.ussg.indiana.edu/linux/pclinuxos/pclinuxos/live-cd/english/preview/

It does not set-up connection automatically but is done with the utilities folder on the desktop once installed/running.

It is a LiveCD to boot. Pun intended.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts