Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Will deleting OneDrive files on laptop affect other devices?

Solved 
1K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  lunarlander 
#1 ·
That's my question. I'm returning a new laptop and I'm deleting files/folders I had already loaded. I just had a nagging question about whether to delete all the files I see under OneDrive. I also have OneDrive on my desktop and phone as well, so don't want to make a costly mistake. Thanks.

#3 ·
Hi, thank you for this, can you tell me the exact procedure? I assume it's standard procedure when returning a laptop? Amazon didn't tell me to do anything except pack it up carefully.

#7 ·
Okay, so I just had MS tech support call me, and they helped me reset the laptop/reinstall Windows, so I'm good. Just a follow-up, super basic question: my understanding is that anything on OneDrive is in the cloud, to be accessed by any device with a OneDrive app; my phone, iPad, laptop, etc. So if I access OneDrive from any of these devices, and delete files/folders, are they deleted from ALL? I'm thinking yes, because the files/folders are not physically on my device; they're out there in the cloud, so no matter where they're accessed from, if I'm in there deleting/adding anything, what I do in one device will affect all. Please tell if I'm off in my understanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.