1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Will I be able to live without Andoird?

Discussion in 'Android Mobile Devices' started by Benoit99, Feb 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Benoit99

Benoit99 Thread Starter

Been a couple of years with Android and it has been a happy experience minus the battery backup. :)

Now, I feel like switching to Nokia 920, not that I I dont like Android but I want a change. I loved the metro interface and a mobile device with similar interface would be attractive.

Will I miss Android? (No, I dont want to keep two phone in my pocket)

Should I make the switch?

Device: Galaxy S2

2. SpoonLicker

SpoonLicker Banned

A Samsung Galaxy series of smartphones is basically an Android series of smartphones.

Metro and Samsung both have Android-powered devices.

Basically, you're not making any change, as it's the same OS, it's just upgraded, depending on what version you have of Android in the first place.

3. Rearden

Rearden Banned

The Nokia Lumia 920 is a Windows phone. It doesn't run Android. It's a different operating system.

If the apps you use are on Windows Phone, and you like the interface, then you should be happy.

4. SpoonLicker

SpoonLicker Banned

My bad. Nokia devices are usually the architecture that Microsoft manufacturers their Windows OS to work with.

I mistook the poster for stating that they wanted a different device, whereas Android runs on different devices, carriers, etc.

5. YerOldPoison

YerOldPoison

> Bill Gates: "Windows Phone was a bad idea"
    +1

Not that I hate on it, but Android is much more versatile.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1087814

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice